10 M-P graduates awarded $1,000 TEF scholarships
By Macel Monthye
Tiger Educational Foundation (TEF) has awarded $1,000 scholarships to 10 Mobridge-Pollock High School 2014 graduates.
These scholarships are awarded each year to MPHS graduating seniors who have excelled in academic excellence, leadership capabilities, participation in school activities, volunteerism and sincere educational and professional goals.
The students are:
• Eric Looyenga, son of Martin and Deb Looyenga, was chosen for the J. Randall Meyer Scholarship. He will major in mechanical engineering at SDSU in Brookings.
• Austin Borah, son of Todd and Amy Borah of Mobridge, was awarded the Frances and Ervin Dupper Family Scholarship. He plans to obtain a major in nursing at Bismarck State College in Bismarck, N.D.
• Jason Hill, son of Melvin and Michelle Hill and Constance Cameron, was presented with the LeRoy and Linda DuBray Family Scholarship. He plans to major in engineering at SDSU.
• Tyler Villbrandt, son of John and Kim Villbrandt, was selected to receive the Nick Davidson Scholarship. Tyler is looking forward to attending SDSU where he will major in engineering.
• Jo’L Pretends Eagle, niece of Justin and Joni Miner, was the recipient of the Linda DuBray Memorial Scholarship. She will attend Northern State University in Aberdeen where she will double major in secondary education and special education.
• Stephanie Gemar, daughter of Ron and Bonnie Gemar, was chosen for the Grange Family Scholarship. She is preparing to attend Troy University in Troy Ala., where she plans to double major in political science and journalism. She will also participate in the track and field program.
• Jordan Feist, son of Brian and Patty Feist, was awarded the Pirnie and Mildred Brown Memorial Scholarship. Jordan’s plans are to major in pre-med at SDSU.
• Ashton Wiederholt, daughter of Brent and Jennifer Wiederholt, was presented with the Doug Glader Family Scholarship. Her plans are to major in engineering at the University of Mary in Bismarck.
• Kayleigh Henderson, daughter of Travis and Misti Henderson, was chosen for the John Lowe Family Scholarship. Her major course of study will be pre-med at SDSU.
• Ellie Rabenberg, daughter of Jason and Pamela Rabenberg, was selected for the Walter Spilos Memorial Scholarship. She will be a student at Black Hills State University in Spearfish. She plans to take full advantage of the academics offered in hopes of finding her career path. Ellie plans to be involved in such campus activities as student government and music.