2014 Mobridge Kickball Tournament
2014 KICKBALL ENTRY FORM
PLEASE RETURN TO:
BRIDGE CITY SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
812 8th AVENUE WEST
MOBRIDGE, SD 57601
• This completed Team Application with all signatures
• $100 Entry Fee (cash, check or money order payable to Bridge City Softball Assn.)
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT RYAN KEMNITZ AT (605) 850-1339 OR B.J. Weist AT (605) 850-9901 .
CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK: BRIDGE CITY SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
2014 RULES LETTER:
Bridge City Softball Association
812 8th Avenue West
Mobridge, SD 57601
Summer is here, which means the 6th Annual Bridge City Softball Association’s Co-Ed Adult Kickball Tournament. The tournament is scheduled for the weekend of September 13 & 14 and will again be held at the South Softball Complex in Mobridge. This is also Beef N Fun weekend in Mobridge with many other activities going on as well.
The entry fee has remained the same at $100 per team. Prize money will also remain 1st place $600, 2nd place $300, and 3rd place $100. Trophies will be awarded to the winning teams.
There is one rule change for 2014. The catcher must remain in a designated area at the backstop until the ball is kicked.
BCSA thanks you for your participation as we work toward our goals. Funds raised from the tournament will continue to be put toward improvements to our complex. Your support along with the generosity of tournament sponsors has gone and will continue to go a long way toward our goals.
Included you will find the Rules and Sign-up sheet for this year’s tournament. You can also find sign-up sheets at www.drgnews.com, www.mobridgetribune.com, or www.mobridge.org. Please return the sign-up sheets by September 9th to secure your team’s entry as it is limited to 40 teams. They can be mailed to the above address or dropped off at KOLY or the Mobridge Tribune in Mobridge or you can give them to any of below individuals.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/BridgeCitySoftballAssociation
Looking forward to another great tournament,
BCSA Vice President
2014 GOLD BALL SPONSORS
WRANGLER INN & WINDJAMMER SPORTS BAR
DAKOTA RADIO GROUP
JENSEN ROCK & SAND
2014 KICKBALL RULES
1. You must field 10 players, 5 women and 5 men or a minimum of 8 players, 4 women and 4 men. You are allowed to have an unlimited number of “Extra Kickers.”
2. Kicking order must alternate gender: male, female or female, male. You cannot have two male kickers back to back so last kicker and first kicker need to be set accordingly.
3. Kickers can be no more than one step in front of home plate when they kick the ball. BUNTING IS ALLOWED.
4. Each kicker will start with a 1 and 1 count. Kicking a foul ball with 2 strikes will result in a strikeout.
5. Strike zone is one foot to either side of home plate.
6. If you walk a male kicker, he will automatically get 2 bases. Except with bases loaded.
7. No pitching speed balls, bouncy balls, or curve balls. All illegal pitches will be called a ball.
8. Infielders must remain at their position and cannot charge the plate till ball is pitched. Outfielders must remain in the outfield grass until the ball is kicked. There will be one warning with further violations resulting in the kicker and all base runners awarded one base or the result of the play will stand.
9. No leading off or stealing.
10. If a runner is hit in the head while running to a base they will be called safe unless they were ducking to avoid the ball which they will then be called out.
11. A runner is granted one base beyond the one they were running to at the time of the overthrow going out of play.
12. Games will be a 1 hour time limit.
13. All games will be 7 innings long, unless time limits apply.
14. 10 run mercy rule after 5th inning, 15 after 4th inning, and 20 after 3rd inning.
15. If the home team is trailing when the time limit has be reached the will be allowed to kick.
16. If game ends in a tie, winner will be determined by a kickoff. Each team will have 1 opportunity to kick the ball from home plate. Furthest kick wins. Distance will be measured where the ball lands not where it rolls.
17. Molded Baseball cleats will be allowed, NO METAL CLEATS.
18. Teams are requested to wear the same colored shirts, numbers are not necessary.
19. If a rule is not stated here, standard co-ed softball rules apply.
20. NEW FOR 2014. The catcher must remain at a designated area at the backstop until the ball is KICKED. Violation will result in the kicker being awarded first base.
*Team captains are responsible for the actions of their team*
*Only the team captain can dispute calls to an official during the game*
We are all adults and BCSA asks all participants to act as such. Unsportsmanlike behavior may result in the player being ejected from the tournament. A player may be ejected without warning for inappropriate language, or taunting.
PLEASE REMEMBER ALL OFFICIALS ARE VOLUNTEERS
AND YOUR GOOD SPORTMANSHIP IS APPRECIATED.
COME & HAVE FUN AS YOU RE-LIVE THE PLAYGROUND GLORY DAYS!