Mobridge Regional Hospital and Clinics will be on strict visitor restrictions as of today, March 12, 2020, in a proactive approach towards the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visitors will be restricted to immediate family members in good health without any recent fevers or respiratory illnesses. No one under the age of 12 years old will be allowed to visit due to influenza and RSV, as has been the case since late January.
We understand that family and friends are important to the healing process and we encourage you to send cards, flowers or make phone calls to your loved ones frequently. During this time of global pandemic, we have to think about the health and safety of our high-risk population and our staff.
Here are a few tips to help keep you healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Stay home when you are sick. Don’t go to work, school, church and avoid running errands if you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then immediately dispose of the tissue in a lined trash can.
- Wash your hands often. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
Practice other good health habits. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
If you are sick, stay home unless you are seeking medical attention. Prior to seeking medical attention, please call ahead at (605) 845-3692 to discuss your symptoms with our triage nurse.
Thank you for your effort to support us as we work diligently to support you.